Preamble to the By-Laws of the Asatru Alliance
The Asatru Alliance promotes the native culture of the Northern European peoples. However, we do not practice, preach, or promote hatred, bigotry, or racism. We believe that Northern Europeans can believe and promote their own culture and heritage in a positive manner, this is expressed through our native religion. Asatru.
We do not promote or condone activities of the left or right within our religion , any manifestations of political activity is outlawed by the By Laws of the Asatru Alliance.
Simply speaking, we have banded to actively promote the ancient culture and religion of Asatru, as practiced by our ancient Northern Eoropean Ancestors, that, and nothing more.
By-Laws of the Asatru Alliance
As approved by Althing, June 11, 2243 Runic Era
1. Asatru is the ethnic religion of the NorthernEuropean peoples.
2. The Asatru Alliance is a free association of Independent kindreds seeking to preserve and protect the ancient faith of our ancestors.
3. The Alliance is organized along democratic lines . permitting the full expression of our religious opinions, opting for the preservation and sanctity of our Asatru Faith.
4. The Alliance is apolitical; it is not a front for, nor shall it promote any political views of the 'Right' or 'Left'. Our Sacred temples, groves and Moots shall remain free of any political manifestations.
5. The Alliance does not espouse a priest class. Each kindred is free to determine its own spiritual and tribal needs.
6. The Alliance will promote the growth of Asatru through the sponsoring of national and regional Things and Moots. We will also publish books, magazines, and newsletters, as needed to achieve our goals.
7. A Thing Speaker will be chosen for Allthing by the host kindred. The Thing speaker may convene the Thing as needed. Althing Delegates of record shall serve as a standing legislative body with full authority of the Thing, until the commencement of the next Althing. The Thing Speaker or any delegate of record can call for a caucus of delegates for suitable cause.
8. The Thing has absolute authority in dealing with by laws or other issues of The Asatru Alliance.
1. The Alliance will promote the establishment and growth of kindreds.
2. The Alliance will not interfere with the functions of kindreds unless petitioned by a majority of members of said kindred for aid.
3. Kindreds are free to apply for membership to the Alliance, or leave the Alliance, as voted upon by a majority of the subject kindred membership.
4. A kindred shall consist of at least three members and meet on a regular basis.
5. Alliance kindreds are strongly urged to incorporate or be chartered by a legally incorporated Alliance kindred.
6. Each kindred is expected to send at least one delegate to the Althing each year. No attendance, no vote. Kindreds may address the Thing by proxy.
7. Any kindred can be removed for cause from the Alliance by the majority vote of Thing delegates after a fair hearing.
1. Any member of an Alliance kindred is a member of the Alliance.
2. Any person wishing to join the Alliance can only do so by joining a kindred of the Alliance.
3. Three or more individuals of the Asatru Community can band together and form a kindred, and apply to the Alliance for membership. They must send a representative to the Thing with a formal petition for membership. This petition will be studied and voted upon at the next or a future Althing.
1. These By-Laws are to be approved or amended at each Althing.